The healing qualities of Shatavari are useful to a wide array of ailments. It is well known for it effects on the female reproductive system. It is also effective in a number of other systems of the body and is therefore of use to both men and women.
Botanical Name : Asparagus racemosus
Sanskrit — Shatavari
Hindi — Shatavari
English — Indian Asparagus, Hundred Roots
Chinese – Tian men dong
Parts Used in Ayurvedic Medicine : Roots (Rhizomes), root powder and leaves.
- Nutritive tonic, rejuvenative,
Shatavari is perhaps best known as a female rejuvanitive. It is useful for infertility, decreased libido, threatened miscarriage, menopause, leucorrhea, it has the ability to balance pH in the cervical area and stimulating breast milk. Dry membranes, such as those on the vaginal wall, are also brought into balance through the herbs demulcent action.
Men may benefit from the herb as well in the treatment of impotence and general sexual debility. In addition to it’s applications for reproductive organs, Shatavari is also quite effective for stomach ulcers, hyperacidity and diarrhea. Dry and irritated membranes in the upper respiratory tract are soothed by this herb making it useful in cases of bronchitis and chronic fevers. It is believed to bring into balance all of the body’s fluids.
Shatavari Benefits / Benefits of Shatavari:
- Shatavari supports reproductive health by toning and nourishing the female reproductive organs
- Shatavari maintains healthy hormonal balance
- Shatavari treats PMS symptoms by relieving pain and controlling blood loss during menstruation.
- Shatavari supports normal production of breast milk for nursing mothers
- Shatavari relieves menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. By producing estrogens it makes up for low estrogen levels in women who are menopausal or have had hysterectomies or oophorectomies
- Used in India as a best-known and most often-used herb for women
- Shatavari supports normal function of the immune and digestive system
- Shatavari also increases libido
Asparagus Racemosus is part of Galafor Forte, who increase the breast milk secretion.